mercredi 7 septembre 2011

Leila Waddell, la femme écarlate et la muse d'Aleister Crowley


Leila Ida Nerissa Bathurst Waddell (plus connue sous le pseudonyme de Laylah) (1880- 14 septembre 1932), fut une figure impressionnante au sein de l'histoire de la magie.
Immortalisée dans "The Book of Lies" et "The Confessions",  tous deux rédigés  par Aleister Crowley, Laylah était également écrivain et violoniste.

Laylah sera une des plus puissante muse d'Aleister Crowley,  elle lui inspira de nombreux poèmes et fut sa femme écarlate pendant  de nombreuses années.

Laylah accompagnant au violon la représentation des Rites d'Eleusis


SODOM-APPLES

I have bought pleasant trifles, and thus soothed my
lack of LAYLAH.
Light is my wallet, and my heart is also light; and
yet I know that the clouds will gather closer for
the false clearing.
The mirage will fade; then will the desert be thirstier
than before.
O ye who dwell in the Dark Night of the Soul, beware
most of all of every herald of the Dawn!
O ye who dwell in the City of the Pyramids beneath
the Night of PAN, remember that ye shall see no
more light but That of the great fire that shall
consume your dust to ashes!

“Southern Cross”, The Book of Lies par Aleister Crowley

Love, I love you!  Night, night, cover us!  Thou art
night, O my love; and there are no stars but thine
eyes.

Dark night, sweet night, so warm and yet so fresh,
so scented yet so holy, cover me, cover me!

Let me be no more!  Let me be Thine; let me be
Thou; let me be neither Thou nor I; let there be
love in night and night in love.

N.O.X. the night of Pan; and Laylah, the night
before His threshold!


                                         Photographie colorisée par David Bersson
                                                   Photo d'un rite colorisée par David Bersson